This is a Z-Wave product and requires a compatible home automation system for remote access.
- BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver - no hard wiring required
- Fits standard doors with no new screw holes required
- Includes round corner latch
- Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty with 1 year electronics warranty
- UL Certified - 20 minute fire rating
- One touch locking for convenience
- Stores up to 30 customizable access codes
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- Extra bright LEDs for clear visibility in the sunlight
- Uses 4 AA Batteries (not included)
Z-Wave Wireless Network: Z-Wave technology is a next-generation wireless system that unifies all of your home electronics into a single integrated network. Connect any Z-Wave compatible device by simply plugging it into a Z-Wave accessory module, which will then allow you to control your devices remotely through a PC, tablet, or even your cell phone.
Home Connect: Kwikset's Home Connect Technology enables your Kwikset door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in your home. This provides complete control of your home allowing you to lock your door from your cell phone, receive text message alerts, arm or disarm your security system from your lock, and assign temporary codes with specific times people can enter.
SmartKey® Re-key Technology: Kwikset's SmartKey® technology provides the flexibility to re-key your own lock in less than 30 seconds without removing the lock from the door. SmartKey® removes the hassle of lost or stolen keys with the ability to re-key your lock in just 3 simple steps.
BumpGuard™: Lock bumping is an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin and tumbler locks. Kwikset's BumpGuard™ component utilizes a patented side locking bar which replaces the traditional pin and tumbler design providing protection against lock bumping.
Key Product Attributes:
- SecureScreen™ Technology:
- This patent pending feature is used to defeat "smudge" attacks, where a user code is compromised through the detection of frequently used numbers from oily residues on the keypad. This feature works by highlighting 2 random numbers and having you press them before entering your code so that over time there are fingerprints on all the keys.
- Automatic Door Handing:
- The first time this is product is installed it will automatically detect the handing on your door and set itself up accordingly. This removes any doubt about getting the handing correct and frees you from having to reconfigure anything.
- This technology allows you to re-key your lock in seconds with 3 simple steps and features stainless steel racks, pins, and side locking bar for increased strength and security.
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Cross Bore: 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Exterior Projection: 1-3/16"
- Interior Projection: 1-15/16"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-3/4"
- Handing: Reversible
- Latch Faceplate: Round Corner
- Cylinder: SmartKey 5 Pin